Everyone looks forward to retaining a good condition and functioning of their cars. This is very arduous in practice as most of the time they do not know the proper method of doing so and at the same time they really don’t know if they have the right technical support in the form of proficient service centers. Routine or scheduled servicing is one of the best-known methods to maintain any car in its best conditions. Car service centers and their trained professionals are proficient in providing proper maintenance to your car. But there are certain parameters regarding car servicing which are required to be known and followed in a way to get the best results.
Important Points for Car Service
There is a huge checklist which is required to be cross-checked while every scheduled car servicing. Every spare part of the car assembly has its specific role which helps it to perform well. Some of the major parts, which are required to be checked, cared, and fine tuned on regular time intervals can be enumerated as:
- Engine Oil – It is one of the essential components of your car that is responsible for proper functioning of the engine. It provides lubrication to the moving parts of the engine so that it can work smoothly. Over the time, this lubricant becomes contaminated with metal parts and exhausted gases within the engine chamber and makes it less efficient in terms of lubrication. Such debris oriented engine could cause severe damages to the engine compartment and often appears in the form of other performance-related issues, such as noisy engine, low average etc. Thus, changing engine oil is the first-thing-first in the list of car servicing and it is recommended to have such routine oil change after every 4000-5000 run, though, it may vary from vehicle to vehicle, as many high-tech cars of present times can perform better without changing engine oils at such frequent basis.
- Air Filter – Air filter prevents the engine from absorbing dust and dirt while working. It provides proper and clean air for combustion. This gets blocked at the certain point of time or run of the vehicle and obstructs the proper breathing for the engine, resulting in less air supply to the engine compartment and affecting the entire performance of the car. There are couple of factors involved which are taken into account for changing the air filter. Firstly, most of the manufacturers suggest for air filter change on every 5000 kilometers of the run. Second is the climatic condition in which car use to travel. In case, if the car belongs to desert the more polluted area, it may seek to change air filter more frequently than in normal conditions. Car service checklist contains air filter change as another significant aspect after an oil change.
- Brake Pads – Though, this part of assembly is not required to be checked in new cars as they are sturdy enough to stay healthy for longer duration of time, but as it is a primary concern associated with safe driving, brake pads are checked on every scheduled service to avoid any sort of mishaps and proper retardation.
- Brake Oil – It is responsible for proper lubrication and cooling of brake pads against the friction while applying the brakes. It is an important component required for proper functioning of the braking system.
- Coolant – Car service checklist comprises of another significant check over this element as well. It is required for proper functioning of the air-conditioning.
- Tires – Strengthens the grip over the road surface and average sort of outcomes are invisibly associated with tire parts. In case, if any tire is found with excess wear and tear, car service provider may suggest a tire rotation or may change it.