Very large scale integration or VLSI is known to be a process of creating an Integrated circuit by just combining thousands of transistors in a single small chip. VLSI technology was first introduced in the 1970s along with the development of semiconductor and communication technologies. With the electronics industry seeing phenomenal growth over the past few decades due to the advent of VLSI designs. It is a successor of LSI or the large-scale integration, MSI or medium scale integration and the SSI or the small-scale integration technologies. VLSI is the next big thing in the IT sector but still, a lot of engineering students are not aware of it. Bangalore is the hub for this and there are quite a number of training institutes offering vlsi courses in bangalore.
Well, finding a vlsi design training institute in bangalore is easy, but before enrolling in an institute it is important to ask yourself that is VLSI the right field for you? Well here are a few reasons to help you judge and see whether it is right for you or not.
Is VLSI right for you?
- Want to earn more in a short time- The VLSI industry has matured and it is not paying much now; earlier there was a boom in the industry and at that time it was hiring a lot of employees and paying a lot. Another point is that being a fresher you cannot start with a high package even if you have graduated from the best VLSI training institute. Moreover, there is a low hike in salary these days so if you start at a low package then it will become difficult to earn huge sums of money in the industry.
- If you are not passionate about electronics- Electronics and a proper knowledge of electronics is necessary for VLSI. So if you are not passionate about digital circuits, electrons, current, voltage, and other electronics terminology then you are going to have a tough time. If you have a base in electronics then it will be easy for you to grow your business profile.
- Want to sit back and relax- Those who think that by learning one technology, few basics, and some languages, they can excel in the field of VLSI are not meant for this field. There are constant changes in the field of VLSI so one has to stay updated, there is going to be no time to sit and relax.
- Start your business- In case you have the plan of starting your own business after a point of time, then you need to think again. The tool in the VLSI industry is an expensive investment so if you are thinking of starting your own business, then you need to invest a lot.
- No interest in coding- If you do not like coding, programming or scripting, then this field is definitely not for you. Scripting and automation is a must to be in the VLSI field.
Do not enrol in a VLSI institute, if you think you do not have the passion and the aptitude for this field.